Brochure Type: Europe & Britain: 2022
See Italy's best-loved cities and discover a treasure trove of cultural riches, authentic cuisine and genuine dolce vita on this diverse itinerary.
- Como: The L'antica Riva restaurant, situated on picturesque Lake Como, is built within a historic 17th century building which was one of the ?rst houses of the area. Here you will enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Milan: Enjoy a special Welcome Dinner with wine, as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Florence: During dinner, meet a sommelier who will talk you through a tasting of some of Tuscan's finest wines.
- Vatican City: Be among the select few to gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums. Visit the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age and see Michelangelo's ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. Then you'll be privileged an exclusive VIP Celebration Dinner at the Vatican's Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, whilst enjoying views of the cupola of St. Peters, should weather permit.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums, witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
- Como: Take in the exquisite views of the lake and it's backdrop of the Rhaetian Alps as you enjoy an orientation of this magnificent town.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Pisa: Your Local Expert will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Florence: See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods and witness a gold and leather-work demonstration.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Director, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand besides the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Pieta, and the splendid dome.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (800) 468-2359 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545844
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Como||Elegant Como: Welcome to Italy. After being greeted by your Travel Director at Milan's Malpensa Airport, your transfer departs at 09:30 or 12:30. Join your Travel Director at 17:30 and head to L'antica Riva, an elegant restaurant on the shores of Lake Como, known for serving delicious fresh produce. Your Welcome Dinner provides the opportunity to mingle and get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening. (Dinner with Wine)|
Palace Hotel, Como.
|Day 2||Venice||Venice, the Queen of the Adriatic: Continue to the glorious city of Venice. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Indigo Venice - Sant'Elena.
|Day 3||Venice||Venice and the magic of La Serenissima: Wake up ready to embrace this romantic city. While here, visit a traditional arts centre on Murano Island, where you can see how their beautiful handcrafted glass is made by expert glassblowers. What better way to see Venice than from a private boat, cruising past palazzos and churches to St. Mark's Square? See the gilded basilica, the Doge's Palace and Lord Byron's Bridge of Sighs.No visit to Venice would be complete without a gondola serenade through the myriad of beautiful canals. Relax and enjoy the local traditional songs, as you drift along in romantic awe. Spend the afternoon as you wish. As night falls, why not savour the magic of St. Mark's square with its orchestras and al-fresco cafes? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Indigo Venice - Sant'Elena.
|Day 4||Florence||Tranquil Tuscany, Pisa and Florence: Follow the fertile valley of the River Po, into the peaceful landscapes of Tuscany. Continue to Pisa to see the world-famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles as well as the 11th century cathedral and baptistery. Venture on to beautiful Florence - a treasure house of the Renaissance. Explore Florence with Insight Choice. Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo's monumental statue, David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour and enjoy all the treats and trinkets on show. With your Local Expert, admire the marble-clad Cathedral and Baptistery and wander Piazza della Signoria, an open-air gallery filled with Renaissance sculptures. In the evening, dinner is served with a selection of Tuscany's finest wines, presented by an expert sommelier who explains each of the wines being served. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Londra, Florence.
|Day 5||Florence||Free Time in Renaissance Florence: Florence is known for its quality leather goods and you will be privy to the secrets of traditional Florentine leatherwork when you visit a local workshop. The rest of the day is free for you to fully immerse yourself in the Tuscan capital. Perhaps shop for luxury goods around Santa Croce or relax and soak up the atmosphere in one of the many street cafes? Be sure not to miss the magnificent museums and galleries that house some of the most famous works of art in the world. In the evening, there is an opportunity to sample the true flavours of the region with a sumptuous optional Tuscan dinner, served with local wine. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Londra, Florence.
|Day 6||Rome||Chianti Country to Orvieto and on to Rome: Journey to Umbrian Orvieto, a hilltop village overlooking a vineyard-covered plain.Explore the town with your Travel Director and visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral, before continuing towards the Eternal City of Rome.In the evening, why not throw your coin into the Trevi Fountain to ensure your return to the city? (Breakfast)|
Bettoja Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio, Rome.
|Day 7||Rome||Rome Sightseeing and Dinner in the Vatican: In the morning, enjoy the very best of the city's highlights, including visiting the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. In the afternoon, gain exclusive fast-tracked VIP entry into the Vatican Museums with a Local Expert. Admire the Papal art collection and observe the stunning Museo Gregoriano Profano, which documents various moments and themes in classical art, from Ancient Greece through to the late Imperial Roman age. You'll then enter the Sistine Chapel where you'll marvel at Michelangelo's masterpiece on its ceiling. Dine in the Vatican's elegant Cortile del Giardino Quadrato, should weather permit, where you will enjoy incredible views of the cupola of St. Peter's during your private VIP Celebration Dinner. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Bettoja Hotel Massimo D'Azeglio, Rome.
|Day 8||Rome||Arrivederci Roma: Bid farewell to the glories of Italy. Departure transfers arrive at Rome's Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci Airport at 07:00 and 09:30. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Notes: This is a 2022 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class