GLOBUS 2021: Italy's Great Cities (LJ)
9 days from Rome to Rome
All roads may lead to Rome, but we know the scenic avenues to reach all the enchanting cities on your Italy bucket list. That serene passageway in Assisi, that chic leather boutique in Florence, that off-the-beaten-path bridge in Venice-we know the way! We've mapped out the iconic experiences of Italy, leading you through the historic streets and piazzas of the 'Eternal City,' the vine and olive-clad hills of Tuscany, and the romantic canals of the 'Floating City' so you can experience the art, architecture, vino, and espresso you've long imagined. On this dreamy tour of Italy's great cities, you'll wake up to lush gardens in San Martino in Campo, stroll through the medieval-walled city of Siena, ponder the curious tilt at the Tower of Pisa, and happily lean into the delicious plates of pasta, pizza, and pastries along the way.
Call (800) 468-2359 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15246515
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||ROME Guided sightseeing includes the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Fontana di Trevi, the Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. Scenic drive en route to San Martino in Campo.SAN MARTINO IN CAMPO [LF] Overnight stay and dinner in 17th-century hotel. Free time before dinner. (B,D) 124 mi / 200 km|
|Day 3||Venice Island||ASSISI See the Basilica of St. Francis. Scenic drive en route to Venice. (B) 280 mi / 450 km|
|Day 4||Venice Island||VENICE ISLAND Private boat ride. Guided walking tour includes St. Mark's Square and Basilica, Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs followed by a glassblowing demonstration. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 5||Florence||PISA See the Leaning Tower en route to Florence. (B) 280 mi / 450 km|
|Day 6||Florence||FLORENCE Guided sightseeing includes Michelangelo's masterpiece, David, at the Academy of Fine Arts, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and Signoria Square. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Florence with an excursion to San Gimignano followed by an authentic Tuscan countryside dinner. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 7||Rome||SIENA Orientation walk includes Piazza del Campo. [LF] Taste traditional panforte and ricciarelli (local specialties) before returning to Rome. (B) 199 mi / 320 km|
|Day 8||Rome||CASTEL GANDOLFO Guided visit of the Papal Palace and the Barberini Gardens.ROME Guided visit of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Square and Basilica to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Farewell dinner at a local restaurant this evening. (B,D) 50 mi / 80 km|
|Day 9||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).