This marvelous vacation offers two-night-stays each in the most famous cities of Spain and Portugal: Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, and Lisbon, with guided sightseeing including the most popular sights. Fans of art and architecture are sure to be delighted by the visits to Barcelona's Sagrada Familia Basilica, architect Gaudi's masterpiece. Begun in 1882, it is still not completed. In Madrid, visit the famous Prado Museum, which houses 8,000 pieces of Western painting and is one of the world's most prestigious art museums; in Cordoba, visit the magnificent 8th-century Mosque of the Caliphs; in Seville, visit the Casa de Pilatos, with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures; and in Azeitao, visit a traditional tile workshop.Those interested in trying the local cuisine and wines will be thrilled by the special treats Globus has arranged. For example, in Seville, enjoy a dinner with local specialties and Flamenco entertainment. Throughout this Spain and Portugal tour, you'll be accompanied by an expert Tour Director and Local Guides who will bring these destinations to life with in-depth, first-hand knowledge of the cities' histories, sights, cultures, and insider secrets. Add magnificent churches and cathedrals, local specialties and wine, plus fantastic art and architecture with a flourish of Iberian flamboyance, and you have a dream vacation!
Call (800) 468-2359 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14992447
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Barcelona||Welcome to Barcelona! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Barcelona||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the Columbus Monument, Plaza de Cataluna, and Paseo de Gracia. Today's highlight is a visit to the spectacular SAGRADA FAMILIA BASILICA, Gaudi's masterpiece. Also enjoy a panoramic view of the city and harbor from Montjuic Hill. This afternoon, an optional excursion to Montserrat can be arranged. (B)|
|Day 3||Madrid||Admire rustic Catalonian and Aragonian landscapes on your journey to Madrid, the capital of Spain since 1561.Today's Distance: 385 mi / 620 km (B)|
|Day 4||Madrid||Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Today's highlight is a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM, founded in 1819, and considered to have one of the finest collections of European art of the last eight centuries, with the works of Goya, El Greco, Rubens, Titian, and more. To make the most of your stay, optional excursions are available. (B)|
|Day 5||Seville||Drive south through the arid landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha to Cordoba, where sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the medieval Jewish Quarter, the MOSQUE OF THE CALIPHS, famous for its 850 pillars of porphyry, marble, and jasper, the Roman Bridge, and the remains of the Alcazar. Your next destination is Seville, the vibrant, festive capital of Andalusia.Today's Distance: 354 mi / 570 km (B)|
|Day 6||Seville||During your guided sightseeing tour, hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that was once the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. For those interested, an optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is available. This evening, [LF] dinner has been prepared at El Palacio Andaluz restaurant with Flamenco entertainment. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Lisbon||A scenic drive today takes you to Portugal. Stop in Setubal with its colorful food market, and visit a traditional [LF] TILE WORKSHOP in Azeitao, before arriving in Lisbon, proud capital of Portugal.Today's Distance: 273 mi / 440 km (B)|
|Day 8||Lisbon||Lisbon was the center of Europe's longest-lived overseas empire. Portugal's imperial ambitions date back to Prince Henry the Navigator's 15th-century discoveries in West Africa. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features a drive through the Baixa quarter's main squares and a walk along the cobblestone alleys of quaint ALFAMA, the popular quarter of the seamen and Fado singers. Drive along the grand Avenida da Liberdade up to Pombal Square, and stop for pictures of Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. Also visit the CHURCH with the tomb of Vasco da Gama. Tonight, a farewell dinner awaits at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Lisbon||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $580-$770Triple room reduction per person: $30Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).